Wednesday 9 May 2007

TopShop minus 3 hours

There were a grand total of eight women queuing up outside Barneys for the launch of cocaine Kate's collection for TopShop when I walked by around 8am this morning on my way to work. With the exception of 2 mumsy looking women in Burberry coats all the women were dressed identically in skinny jeans, trapeze tops and ballet flats. So much for expressing your individuality through fashion.

I'm surprised, I thought there would be a longer line given the US fashion media's excitement for anything TopShop. There were bigger queues for the opening of Grom Gelateria on the Upper West Side this weekend.

http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/good_newsbad_ne_6.php

Maybe everyone's at home shopping online, the Barney's site is impossible to get onto this this morning.

Update (9:06am). Yup everyone's online, I finally got through to Barneys after repeated refreshing and the collection has 'temporarily sold out.'

No comments: