Saturday 10 September 2011

What Are The Chances...

...of my parents being involved in not one, but TWO major US blackouts? They were visiting me in 2003 and got stuck out on Long Beach during the 2003 blackout in New York, and where were they when parts of Southern California, Arizona and Mexico were plunged into darkness on Thursday?? Why San Diego of course!! I'm starting to get suspicious that they've been walking around unplugging things they shouldn't have ;-)

Thankfully they were able to catch their early morning flight to New York on Friday without any problems, so now they're here. Somewhere anyway. I just got back from an 8am gym class and they are nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing they are doing laundry as there were mutterings about some such activity this morning, but who knows, they could be out causing mischief somewhere. I'm sure they'll show up soon.

Sadly as a result of the San Diego blackout something like 1.9million gallons of sewage was spilled and a number of beaches have been closed due to the risk of contamination, which means the 6th annual Surf Dog surf-a-thon has had to be rescheduled to the 25th September. How cute is that, I wish I could go!!!



2 comments:

Kitty said...

ha that looks like fun. Though I'd be paranoid about losing a dog out there.
You've been all over the place Fish, and I need to catch up with you. Hope your parents have a wonderful visit. They're lucky to have some prime fall weather!

Best, K

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Kitty,

Apparently there are such things as doggie surf camps to get your dog into tip top shape for the competition. Who knew!! Hope you are done well.

F