Wednesday 13 August 2008

No time!!

Phewwwww!!! I'm busy. No time to write or blog hop!! I'm too busy chasing down clients and having meetings with my new boss. I spend my evenings recovering in a heap in front of the Olympics. I find watching it can be quite exhausting. I get so tense for the competitors that I sometimes feel like I’ve competed myself!! I tumble into bed close to midnight instead of 11pm and then I struggle to get out of bed on a morning. My snooze button is getting a workout I can tell you.

The opening ceremony was rather spectacular wasn’t it, even if the bits with the firework footprints and the little girl singing were faked. Tsk!! Whoever’s in charge of London’s opening ceremony in 2012 must be bricking it. A bit o' bunting just isn’t going to cut it is it?

I'm hoping the mania will abate soon!!



7 comments:

Kitty said...

lol, bricking it.

I'm going thru a similar thing with the stress and overwork. I think stress also tires you out and makes you feel like you have no time.

And they say August is a slow month. Isn't!

Take it easy!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Thanks Kitty, sorry to hear you are similarly overworked. Fingers crossed it doesn't last too long for both of us. I agree that the stress makes me feel tired and I have limited energy. I am planning to recuperate this weekend and catch up on personal things. You take it easy too :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't underestimate the power of bunting. My childhood memories are covered in it!

Did you see Britland won the coxless (I love that) fours? It was fantastic to watch. Fantastic!

Hope things quieten down for you, Fish.

Tom

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hey Tom, I too have fond memories of bunting from the 1977 Silver Jubilee. I also have a commemorative spoon, ahhh happy days!!! ;-)

So I was in complete shock this morning to see that Britain has 11 gold medals and we are now 3rd on the medal table. Wow!! Go GB :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Fish. Echoing Kitty's sentiment about August and its reputation as a "slow" month - HA! - sorry to hear that work's been such a pain. (It's not much consolation, but I've been in the same boat, myself.) Even when you're exhausted, treat yourself to something you enjoy on those weekends - a gallery exhibit, a pedicure, cooking with friends, a gelato (calories be damned! stress works off some calories, too!), a walk under some trees. Whatever suits you.

Take care and enjoy this last burst of summer!

Amel said...

HE HE HE...I KNOW what you mean about being so tensed while watching the Olympics! I missed the opening ceremony, though he he...

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Spandrel, sorry to hear you've been in the same boat, I hope things calm down for you soon.

Hi Amel, hope you've enjoyed the Olympics. I'm wondering how London will live up to China in 2012 :-)