Thursday 4 December 2008

The trouble with Thanksgiving...

...is that luxuriating in the bliss of a 4day weekend means work really does a number on you over when you finally get back to the office.

I am slammed!!!!

I'm so busy rushing to get things done before I fly to England on the 12th for my Christmas hols on that I've barely a moment to spare to update the blog and what not. Sigh!!

Hope you had a good one anyway if you were celebrating Thanksgiving. I had a good laugh with Nigel over lunch who regaled me with tales of his dating life. I hope to post about them soon, but let's just say his stories involve heat packing paraplegics and a snuggie. I kid you not!!

The Friday after Thanksgiving I flew to Austin where I had a lovely time Catweazle. Let's just say that I learned from one of the characters on The Real Housewives of Atlanta that the secret to a youthful complexion is sex three times a day and that Catweazle was more than obliging in helping me test my new skincare regimen ;-) The only thing that didn't impress me about Austin was the weather. Before I left I'd been obsessively checking weather.com and Austin was forecast to have sunny days in the high 60s/low 70s over Thanksgiving weekend. What did I get....low 50s, wind and rain!! Harumph. C'mon now Texas, you can do better than that!!

A few pics anyway





7 comments:

Amel said...

LOVE the pics! Despite the weather, it looks like a nice place to visit.

And WINK WINK on the "beauty regime" HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO...

HAVE FUN on your holidayyyy!!! ;-D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Thanks Amel,

Austin IS a nice place to visit, although my photography skills somehow made the weather look better than it actually was.

Maybe you should give the beauty regime a try ;-)

Kitty said...

haha.
Well I'm sure you were aglow!! How nice?!?!?!

I'm sorry though that you're swamped. Seems like this is the time when offices can justify abusing their employees, under threat of the economy.

hope you're relaxing and recovering this weekend!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Thanks Kitty, I think I am swamped more because Friday is my last day in the office for 2008, so just trying to get everything wrapped up, but clients are also focused on 2009 budgets, so it's pandemonium ;-)

Pinklolly101 said...

err...nice name

Pinklolly101 said...

err...nice blog name...

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Thanks for stopping by Pinklolly101