Sunday 25 December 2011

A Very Merry Christmas

A nice mellow Christmas in New York, we chatted with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew over Skype last night, unwrapped our gifts with sticky buns and coffee this morning and then took off to the cinema to see that festive classic, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, plus only one minor family skirmish over some eggs*, so not bad going at all really!!

I had Fresh Direct deliver a, more or less, traditional Christmas dinner of turkey and all the trimmings which we are having this evening, so all I have to do is pop the turkey in and microwave some veggies, microwave the Betty's Christmas pudding my mother brought over - served with butter pecan Haagen Dazs instead of brandy whipped cream - and lapse into a food coma in front of the TV.

Merry Christmas!!


*Despite the fact that my parents have been hinting at me to make a round of Pisco Sours, which I said I would make today with my new ice crushing KitchenAid blender - thank you Santa - my mother decided that she really wanted scrambled eggs for lunch and got into a bit of a huff when I said I needed enough egg whites to make the cocktails they wanted. Fortunately when given the choice of using the eggs for cocktail hour or for a light protein rich lunch, she made the sensible decision to have a ham salad sandwich. Parents eh!!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

ha. Not easy to please everyone!

Sounds like a very nice time, Fish. I'm glad you had family over. Mark and I had a very quiet holiday this year. :-)

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Kitty,

Hope you and Mark had a lovely one!!

Amel said...

Niceeeeeee...we had a peaceful one with MIL. Spent a night there, ate too much ham (the traditional Christmas food here) and chocolate hi hi...and tomorrow we're staying there again. Will probably play cards again, just like usual. :-D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Amel, glad to hear you had a lovely one. All the best for 2012!!