Saturday 28 January 2012

Google thinks I am a 25-34 year old man!!!

Ha ha I read this article on Gawker this morning and clicked on this link to see what Google inferred about my demographics based on my browsing history and Google says the following:

Your demographics
We infer your age and gender based on the websites you've visited. You can remove or edit these at any time.
Age: 25-34
Gender: Male

Um....so very wrong Google, I am a 40 year old female. Apparently this is because the sites I visit tend to be about movies - gotta love rottentomatoes and imdb - technology news - how sexist of Google - and travel - I have researched a lot of surf related travel lately. The swimwear one is confusing, but I have been researching wetsuits and most sites tend to default to displaying male suits, so perhaps that's it. Very entertaining anyway. At least Google thinks I am significantly younger than I really am.

Hmmm, does Google think I'm immature?



No comments: