Tuesday 5 April 2011

Ugh, I'm a basket case!!

Ahhh, what a fun bout of insomnia I am having. Actually that's so not true!! After weeks - well, okay I admit it's really just days, but almost a fortnight so almost weeks, plural - of sobriety I have resorted to quaffing a couple of glasses of Malbec tonight in an effort to sozzle my brain into submission, because it's trying to kill me via sleep deprivation. I don't know what the hell is so important that my brain feels the need to obsess over minor details in the middle of the night, but obsess it does. Last week I had fitful dreams about packing an enormous suitcase - seriously it was the size of my Queen bed, I could have easily laid inside it sardine like, the thing was 6-feet high - for my trip to the Pacific North West in June and I was fretting about getting it onto the train I shall be taking from Portland to Seattle*, never mind the fact that at 5ft there is no way I would even be able to wheel a suitcase of that size.


Today was worse than yesterday after 2 consecutive sleepless nights and less sleep on the weekend than I would like thanks to my inconsiderate neighbor waking me up at 6am. Grrrrr!! I could barely walk in a straight line and was wobbling all over the place in Pilates trying to do the 'banana split' move, an exercise that has me rolling around like a weeble at the best of times. At least I went though, which is more than I can say for Megan who ditched me for the Yankees, so a pat on the back for me. Yay me, I deserve my Malbec.

Give the banana split a try for yourself, it's not easy!!
















*Apparently dreams of packing suitcases signify a need to prepare carefully for the next stage of our lives. Oooooooh!!!

4 comments:

Amel said...

Ouch! Hope you can get more rest this weekend then. Just tried the banana split and it was REALLY REALLY hard. Ugh...

Kitty said...

lol. You are so good.

I just want to curl up like a potato on the sofa when I'm tired. Good for you, Fish.

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. It's tough to start out on a Monday tired!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Amel,

Good for you for trying, it's not as easy as you might think is it :-) After months of practice I finally managed a small version of one at class this morning. Yay!!

Hi Kitty,

I find the endorphins from exercise really help with the stress which motivates me to keep it up. It usually helps me sleep too, but I don't know what's wrong with me this week. Hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Amel said...

WOWWWW...CONGRATS on having been able to do the small version of it, Fish! :-D Clap clap clap...I salute you!