Thursday 10 March 2011

According to OkCupid...

...my personality is more love-driven than average, more wealthy, more conventionally moral, more kind, more optimistic, more laid back, better mannered, but...


...less mathematical than average....

...which is very interesting, because....

I have a chuffing DEGREE IN MATHEMATICS!!

I also work in a mathematical field, so how the hell can I be less mathematical than average???

Clearly there are a lot of mathematicians on OkCupid who are skewing the average.

5 comments:

Kitty said...

ha.
How were the questions on this quiz? I bet you didn't have to use a calculator.

Amel said...

That's really weird indeed...did you have to fill in questionnaries before you got the result or something like that?

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Kitty, Amel,

I filled in my profile almost a year ago and don't recall many questions testing my mathematical ability, but the ones I do recall were basic. Perhaps they are using a model to predict the probability that I am above average at maths and if that's the case their model appears to be performing poorly, either that or I am ashamed to admit that I got the maths questions wrong. Ooops!!

LLM Calling said...

oh yes, the crazy tests that mean nothing and tell less; reminds me of careers advisor at secondary school!
emma
new follower from http://majorloveoffilm.blogspot.com

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Emma, thanks for popping by and commenting. Have a great weekend.