Thursday 17 March 2011

Ahh Team Bonding!!

I've been fielding compliments about my hair all day today, "look at how full it is, how bouncy," people said and random strangers looked at it admiringly in the cafeteria.

...And do you know WHY my hair looked so good today?

Because I was hungover that's why. Seriously my hair never looks better than it does the morning after a night on the tiles, my usually fine and somewhat limp-challenged tresses just love it when I am dehydrated and feeling a bit rough, it thrives on the abuse. My fine lines may have appeared to be a little more deeply etched on my face today, but I'm telling you I'm just moments away from a call to star in a Harmony hairspray commercial.



So my gosh, large large large night out last night for one of my client teams to celebrate the campaign launch. Team's from account, strategy and creative were invited, but true to form only account and strategy represented - where's the love creatives? Seriously only one lonely art director showed and he left at 8.30pm and headed back to work, but boy did the rest of us represent. 10 of us had dinner at a small French restaurant in midtown where our account director, J, is friendly with the owner and well...it was all fairly restrained until the massive bowl of complimentary sangria and 3 bottles of Mumm sparkling wine hit the table after the plates were cleared from the meal and ohhhh....not 30minutes later we were dancin' up a STORM and the next thing I know is the account manager - a mid 30s married mother of two who really makes the most of her occasional nights out - had coerced the remaining 4 of us diehards - all the ones over 30 funnily enough; the 20-somethings had long since retired for the night. Kids eh, what is wrong with the youth of today? - into going dancing at The Ritz, a gay bar on 46th St where we shimmied up against cute young men for a few hours. It was the best night and while I'm close to checking myself into The Priory for two weeks of rehab I've spent most of the day erupting into giggles as I recall moments from the night. We also received this cute note from the account manager - who we popped in a car service back to the suburbs of New Jersey at 2am - later this afternoon....

Sent: 03/17/2011 04:22 PM EDT
Subject: How did you guys do it?

I didn't make it in today. And can barely function now. How in the world did you make it into the office?

Whatever, you only live once! I had so much fun! You guys were a blast and probably the best dancers I've ever met! Thank you seriously for a fabulous evening!

Ahhh team bonding!! Okay, time for some serious beauty sleep.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

ha, that sounds like fun!

They should have such things more often. It would do wonders for the morale.

Even a happy hour now and again...a small investment for employee loyalty.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Kitty,

It was fun, although one thing there is no shortage of where I work is happy hour. Phew!! We have drinks at least once a month. I'm on the wagon at the moment though I need a break from all this bonding :-)

Amel said...

He he he he...I can't help smiling when reading this post.

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Amel, yes it was a fun night :-)