Monday 7 June 2010

Womanly Wiles

Phew, it was hot as Hades in New York this weekend, whereas today is an absolutely stunning day now that I am cooped up inside working. Well, I say working....I am waiting for my 371,493 data records to finish extracting from my client's database and it is going to take about an hour, so rather than do something productive work wise I am keeping my promise to blog a little more often instead ;-)

I went out shopping briefly on Saturday - treated myself because it is my birthday week afterall and a couple of savvy shops had sent me discount coupons as a gift - and after about 2 hours I was even more irritable than usual so I went home and luxuriated in the air conditioned bliss of my apartment. I was successful though in buying 3 flimsy cardigans - I like to be somewhat covered even in the height of Summer, I think I must have worn a burqa in a previous life. Either that or I was a nudist and suffered severe sunburn on my sensitive bits - from J Crew and a couple of tops from Anthropologie. I am tormenting the young hottie opposite me today by wearing this top in green, always a good colour on me.



The top is very pretty and flattering, enhancing the bust while flowing over other areas - cough muffintop cough. I have a navy cardigan over it since it's kind of boobilicious I'll admit - 'too tits out for the office?' I asked Megan this morning, but she gave me the thumbs up and said she thought it was fine as long as I kept the cardigan on. I did purposely wear lingerie that was less 'lift and separate' to tone it down a bit and people wear far far more revealing clothing in this office, but I'm usually relatively covered, still I am happy to note that Tom keeps glancing over at me and of course I know it's only because he's admiring my chest, but hey sometimes I enjoy a little objectification if it's from the right man ;-)

211,334 records down 160,159 to go!!!

9 comments:

Kitty said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Fish! Hooray!

Good for you for wearing the blouse! It's quite pretty. I agree about design enhancing one's bits or muffintops.

I just made a dress out of stretch material, and though it's not snug at all, there are no pleats or anything in the muffintop area. Hence every bulge is out there for people to examine. Terrible. I need me a girdle!

And yay for eyecandy, especially when it's YOU!!!

Ruth said...

I like it - looks great on a hanger even...

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Kitty,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, you are actually early, my birthday is on Thursday :-)

Get you making a dress I am very impressed. I know what you mean about the bulges, I suffer from that myself. Spanx is a girl's best friend.

Hi Ruth, thanks for compliments on the top, I love it even though it was pricier than I would have liked.

Amel said...

I LOVEEEEEEEE that top!!! HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! It's nice to treat yourself every once in a while, eh? ;-D

HAPPY to hear about Tom...he's blind if he doesn't appreciate someone like you he he...

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Amel, you are a sweetie. Sadly I am just out of Tom's demographic I think at an estimated 12years his senior. I do hate it so when I am practically old enough to be my crush's mother ;-)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Heh - excellent post :) Sat here imagining the guys in your office trying not to get caught looking lol

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Jonathan, yes they were definitely looking me over when I wore the top, I was highly amused at their attempts to do it secretly ;-)

Amel said...

Yeah, I know Tom's younger than you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel nice to be appreciated, right? ;-D

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Hi Amel, you're right, it does feel nice to be appreciated, especially by someone as attractive as Tom