Monday 22 August 2011

Story Of My Life

I was perusing a few surfing forums yesterday for some information and came across this post on Smash Surf about a couple of surf related films that are showing at Anthology Archives next week. I sent the info to Megan as I know she's really into all things surf related* at the moment.

"Let's go," said Megan about 10 seconds after I'd pressed send on the email. "Are you in? I'll buy the tickets now!!"

Seriously she is REALLY into surfing just now.

The cost of the ticket includes complementary beverages provided by Barefoot wines as well as nibbles by Kind Healthy Snacks and VitaCoco (whatever VitaCoco is when it's at home. Are they the people that make those frozen muffin tops?)

Hmmmm, let me think, free wine plus a high potential for cute surfer boy eye candy...count me IN!!!

Here's a 2 minute trailer for one of the films. It appears to feature men from 70s/80s video dating sites spliced with surfing (!!!). The dating aspect hits very close to home at the moment given my current experiences with OkCupid and Match.com. To be honest it almost feels a little *too* relevant right now, although I especially like the man dressed as a Viking!!

Thanks For The Dinner & The Sex from Waves Magazine on Vimeo.

*I enjoy all things surf related too, especially the ultra cute surf clothing that makes me look sporty and athletic and like I know what I am doing. Seriously we went to Boarders Surf Shop in Rockaway the other day and even though Megan asked all the questions, the young lad behind the counter addressed most of his responses to me.

"You looked the part, you were wearing Rip Curl board shorts," said Megan

Oh well, if that's all it takes to be a surfer... ;-)

P.S. A normal seeming man from Brooklyn emailed me via OkCupid today. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: